[crossfire] Getting more artists

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 13 17:27:15 CDT 2007

About the tiles size:

I do believe that having the feeling of game objects being bigger on the screen makes the whole gaming experience more immersive. I've made tests with 32x32 tiles enlarged to 64x64 on the fly, and the feeling was really different, not looking anymore like a "stamp-sized" game.

Now, I would not suggest using 64x64 as a new size for tiles. Instead, keep the base tile as 32x32, and enlarge various objects, so that they take more than a single tile.

Why ? Because having a base tile (32x32) that is smaller than the default tile (64x64) allows you to make more complex shapes - for example, L-shaped tiles.

I guess that at some point, the way graphics are transmitted and displayed should also be revised, to allow proper pictures overlapping.

Just my 2 (Euro)cents :)