[crossfire] Getting more artists

Aaron Baugher aaron at baugher.biz
Tue Apr 17 15:41:33 CDT 2007

"Yann Chachkoff" <yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com> writes:

> Now, I would not suggest using 64x64 as a new size for
> tiles. Instead, keep the base tile as 32x32, and enlarge various
> objects, so that they take more than a single tile.

> Why ? Because having a base tile (32x32) that is smaller than the
> default tile (64x64) allows you to make more complex shapes - for
> example, L-shaped tiles.

I tend to agree.  If you stay with 32x32 tiles while making most
objects bigger than that, you could have a 64x64 table, but be able to
put four different food items on it for example.  If all the tiles are
64x64, you may be able to make the actual booze bottle very small, but
you can still only put one of them within a 64x64 area.

--
Aaron -- aaron.baugher.biz