[crossfire] Crossfire+/Crossfire2 Versioning and Metaserver

Robin Redeker elmex at ta-sa.org
Sat Apr 14 04:50:47 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:09:19PM -0700, mwedel at sonic.net wrote:

>  My quick thougths on this:
>
>  Crossfire+/crossfire2/schmorp should really come up with its own unique
> name for the project, just as daimonin did when it split off.

The difference between Crossfire+ and Daimonin is that we currently
still are protocol compatible. Aside from that only some of our maps
differ and the overall gamebalance was changed (from the users view).
(If gamebalance and maps are significant, then I wonder whether cat2 is
Crossfire).

> Calling it most anything with crossfire in its name is confusing.

I don't really understand that, who finds it confusing and why?

Robin