[crossfire] Build command

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Apr 18 00:37:00 CDT 2007

ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 05:22 pm
> Anton Oussik wrote:
>

>> Hmm, actually I think it would be a good idea to nerf existing
>> alchemy. It would go a long way towards fixing the game balance. At
>> the moment being a pure alchemist is far too easy (money-wise). I
>> would also nerf experience gained up though, to make success more
>> rewarding and eliminate the "identification" stage where you have to
>> aimlessly ID things with alchemy until you can make simple stuff
>> reliably.
>>

> I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! You want to ruin it (from a player's
> perspective). :-p
Well... I would say that the overall player perspective could be
improved indirectly in the long term by "nerfing" certain things that
are "overpowered". The thing is, once methods of getting money too
easily are fixed so different methods of getting it tend to be on
similar orders of magnitude, then we can do a better job of setting up
the shop buying/selling algorithms better. Just remember, "nerfing"
correctly selected things won't make the game harder in the long term
necessarily, it just evens the playing field between different things
(different spells, ways of getting money) enough that we can better
judge any adjustments to such things as wholes. :)
I'd say we definitely need to work on these things in 2.0 (IMHO 1.x
isn't the place to be "nerfing" long standing things though unless it's
considered a true bug)

Alex