[crossfire] Build command

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:54:56 CDT 2007

On 18/04/07, Alex Schultz <alex_sch at telus.net> wrote:
> ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 April 2007 05:22 pm
> > Anton Oussik wrote:
> >

> >> Hmm, actually I think it would be a good idea to nerf existing
> >> alchemy. It would go a long way towards fixing the game balance. At
> >> the moment being a pure alchemist is far too easy (money-wise). I
> >> would also nerf experience gained up though, to make success more
> >> rewarding and eliminate the "identification" stage where you have to
> >> aimlessly ID things with alchemy until you can make simple stuff
> >> reliably.
> >>

> > I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! You want to ruin it (from a player's
> > perspective). :-p
> Well... I would say that the overall player perspective could be
> improved indirectly in the long term by "nerfing" certain things that
> are "overpowered". The thing is, once methods of getting money too
> easily are fixed so different methods of getting it tend to be on
> similar orders of magnitude, then we can do a better job of setting up
> the shop buying/selling algorithms better. Just remember, "nerfing"
> correctly selected things won't make the game harder in the long term
> necessarily, it just evens the playing field between different things
> (different spells, ways of getting money) enough that we can better
> judge any adjustments to such things as wholes. :)
> I'd say we definitely need to work on these things in 2.0 (IMHO 1.x
> isn't the place to be "nerfing" long standing things though unless it's
> considered a true bug)

In fact it would be good if someone could go through the various money
sources with a calculator and computed money earned per hour of work
at every level. Then it could be decided what a good balance is, and
everything could be nerfed to match that theoretical money earning
curve, instead of being chosen randomly.