[crossfire] Background music

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Apr 22 08:53:19 CDT 2007

Hello.

I just added a 'background_music' field to maps.

'sound' setup has been changed. If client sends '2' as value (instead of 1),
support for background music is enabled.

When player enters a map, background music name is sent, or 'NONE' if nothing
is defined for the map.

There is still no client-side support, though. Not sure of the library to use
for that (SDL sound, maybe?)

background_music value is a free string, so it's up to us to decide what to
use.

It could be 'style:xxx' to specify a generic style, the client choosing one
randomly from its curpus. And 'specific:xxx' to signify a particular
background one, for special maps.

IMO we could just get some musics from other free software projets :)

Next step, sound support!

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref