[crossfire] jxclient (was RE: GTK2-v2 Client new layout defined (gtk-v1))

Olivier Huet huet.o at free.fr
Sat Aug 4 14:06:25 CDT 2007

Hello,

I was quite curious to see if that jxclient would works, and you know what ?

It does runs well on Windows :)

(to be precise, on Windows Vista)

See a screenshot with default resolution :
http://huet.o.free.fr/cftest/testjxclient.png

and I did modify a little parameters and skins and with 25 x 16 map :
(I did only changed map size, so other stuffs do go in front of map)
http://huet.o.free.fr/cftest/testjxclient_bigger.png

well it's does not have all functionalities and did crash a little, but
mainly when leaving the client, in java runtime (hey java is not very
stable, I already did know that :-) ) and due to out of memory exception
when I did not use any -Xmx flag to run java (it's strange, java don’t use
all available memory by default, it's quite stupid...)

- when I click on "menu", it doesn't do anything.

- the opengl rendering was buggy for me : "old images" do appear when I move
: when moving, I randomly see an image of 1 or 2 second before, and then, it
come back to current image
--> but when disabling OpenGL, it did works well.

- In addition, to have it works properly in full screen and with a non 0
number displayed for "Accelerated memory available" (so probably with some
hardware DirectX acceleration), I did use that command line (some flags are
perhaps already on by default) :

java -Xmx1024M -cp jxclient.jar -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false
-Dsun.java2d.translaccel=true -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=false
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=true -Dsun.java2d.ddscale=true
com.realtime.crossfire.jxclient.jxclient -B 32 -W 1680 -H 1050

But except that, it works well and is, surprisingly, very fast. (well, at
least on a very recent laptop, I did not try it on a slower computer)

Best regards,
Olivier Huet (findufin & findragon on metalforge)