[crossfire] jxclient (was RE: GTK2-v2 Client new layout defined (gtk-v1))

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 4 14:31:44 CDT 2007

> I was quite curious to see if that jxclient would works, and you know what ?
>
> It does runs well on Windows :)
>
> (to be precise, on Windows Vista)
>
> See a screenshot with default resolution :
> http://huet.o.free.fr/cftest/testjxclient.png
>
> and I did modify a little parameters and skins and with 25 x 16 map :
> (I did only changed map size, so other stuffs do go in front of map)
> http://huet.o.free.fr/cftest/testjxclient_bigger.png

Thanks for the screenshot... it does look cool... but even after a couple of hours
of digging, I still can't seem to get the toolchain so I can compile it on my end.
It has something to do with ant not finding Sun's jdk on my system.  I got so
far as to get it to start building to the point where it croaks on java 1.4.2 being
less than the required 1.5.  It seems to be finding the java-1.4.2.gcj-compat
stuff that the distribution installs by default, instead of the latest Sun JDK that
I do have installed.  I need to figure out how to tell ant to use it instead.

Yes, I can see now why having a fast graphics card would matter...  Wonder
how fast it needs to be to be usable.  Some of my systems are pretty old,
and some are pretty lean on RAM.