[crossfire] Summary: Next major CF project

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Aug 11 03:30:08 CDT 2007

> So in very broad terms, these are high priority major projects I saw
> discussed. Note that this is just forming a list that people will vote on,
> so discussions like 'that is a stupid idea' or 'that is a great idea' are
> also misplaced at this time - when the voting happens, that will determine
> what actually gets worked on - if an idea really is great, then in theory
> it should come up near the top of the vote total, and reverse for bad
> ideas.

You're missing point 2b, which is: write quests - not "quest 1 that enables to
do quest 2 that enables to do quest 3", but "quest that we can do for the
fun", or "outspin / details on something" :)

As a personal note, point 2 isn't something I'd want to be too strict - no, I
don't want a world where every beginner quests are together, every high level
quets are together somewhere else. I'd rather have quests mixed in the world,
provided enough (subtle) warning is given so players don't stumble onto too
hard quests and die.

Just my 2 cents of € :)

Nicolas
--