[crossfire] Announce: SVN branch client/branches/gtk-v2-libglade created.

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 11 22:46:01 CDT 2007

> Forgot to mention it... I created a branch to support the libglade conversion.
> What I have so far is checked in.

The branch is actually playable... Woohoo...

Ahem... as long as the only thing you need the keyboard to do is chat and
enter commands.  ;-)

It is quite broken though.  Most keyboard function does not work, and various
signals do not seem to be connected properly.  My initial thought is to check
out how to use g_signal_connect() instead of glade_xml_signal_connect(), but
so far no luck.  I think it will come down to looking at what all is in interface.c
and finding out the libglade equivalent stuff and where to put it.

Other problems: All windows are open at app start and can't be raised if
closed since the menu bar is non-functional.  You can quit, but the app won't
fully shutdown... maybe because the metaserver window will not re-raise to
expose the quit button.

But... I can drop a new .glade file and change the UI without recompiling (at
present, the file must be named gtk-v2.glade and it must be in
${prefix}/usr/share/crossfire-client. make install does not put one there to
begin with.

Kevin R. Bulgrien