[crossfire] branches/gtk-v2-libglade created (and already obsolete?)

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:48:47 CDT 2007

Also spracht Kevin R. Bulgrien (Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:12:43 -0500):
> http://blogs.gnome.org/johan/2007/06/15/gtkbuilder-has-landed/
>
> Interesting... though GtkBuilder is apparently not for Glade-2.

Well... here are a number of reasons why your work is still useful:

* the v2 client's UI was *already* done with glade

* I believe there aren't any GUI tools yet that fully support the
GtkBuilder format

* and while we're on that, I believe the library doesn't yet have all the
functionality offered by libglade, although I'm not sure we're using any
of the missing features

* we have been promised migration tools in the future to convert Glade
files into GtkBuild ones; there is some prototype stuff, but not, I
believe, yet production quality.  Which means, when GtkBuilder does
mature, we can convert our files

* and conversely, we've been told migration from libglade to GtkBuilder
won't be very hard; in particular, it will be easier than migrating a
"normal" gtk+ app which uses glade

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----