[crossfire] Arch repository: layered art files?

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Dec 12 16:56:42 CST 2007

> > Does anyone else think that putting the source files into SVN is a good
> > idea, or just extra clutter?
>
> Sounds like a good idea.

Agreed on that. Having all the sources is nice, and makes it easier to fix
things later on :)

> The Gimp's xcf is a good contender. However, it is also true that there are
> many artists who are using Photoshop, Painter, or Open Canvas; so I'd
> suggest not defining any specific file format, and let each artist use
> whatever he prefers.

Agreed, many formats can be used. Of course open formats should be encouraged
when possible :)

> Maybe it would be nice to put those elsewhere than in the arch subdir, so
> that artists who wouldn't require the rest can only download those, and
> non-artists can grab the arches without the (possibly heavy) graphic
> "source" files that would be of no use for them ?

Agreed on that too, maybe put in a arch_src tree duplicating the arch
structure?

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de