[crossfire] Arch repository: layered art files?

Lauwenmark Akkendrittae crossfire at ailesse.com
Wed Dec 12 04:36:42 CST 2007

Le lundi 10 décembre 2007, Kevin R. Bulgrien a écrit :
<snip>
> Does anyone else think that putting the source files into SVN is a good
> idea, or just extra clutter?

Sounds like a good idea.

> I realize, for example, my source files are
> likely GIMP-specific, and I suppose each artist's favorite editor uses a
> different format.  That might be the biggest obstacle.  The next, perhaps,
> that artists come few and far between, so the likelihood of actual use may
> be very low,
>
> Beyond that, if it seems a good idea to various people, what file format
> preferences are out there?

The Gimp's xcf is a good contender. However, it is also true that there are
many artists who are using Photoshop, Painter, or Open Canvas; so I'd suggest
not defining any specific file format, and let each artist use whatever he
prefers.

Maybe it would be nice to put those elsewhere than in the arch subdir, so that
artists who wouldn't require the rest can only download those, and
non-artists can grab the arches without the (possibly heavy) graphic "source"
files that would be of no use for them ?

Lauwenmark.
"Drive defensively: buy a tank."