[crossfire] Improved/redone client.

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:11:07 CST 2007

> Standardize on 19x19 map size.

Good idea, and scale tiles accordingly otherwise.
Would probably want to make a 16x16, 64x64, and possibly a 128x128
tileset in that case. Or just try to use OpenGL to scale tiles
appropriately.

> Make client fullscreen.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I would run it windowed, but I
know for a fact that many Windows-using people expect a full screen
app from a "game" they would consider playing. I experimented on some
Windows users and a private server a few months back, and they all
wanted full screen and preferred gtk-v1 client, as it could display
more information to the user at the same time. So, if the game UI is
"geeky", it is only in the sense that CF uses the OSes standard UI
elements, and users expect shiny UI in a game.