[crossfire] Priority feature list

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Jul 18 11:56:03 CDT 2007

>   I'm sort of mixed on the idea of having random quest rewards.  I'm
> certainly for having more quest rewards that are not weapons.
>
>   A problem with mixed quest rewards is this adds a definite incentive for
> a player to repeat the same quest over and over again, until they get all
> the random awards that quest may give.  If it is a static reward, once you
> do it once, probably not much point to do it again.
>
>   And from the flip side, if you're a monk, looking for the good monk item
> that quest gives out 10% of the time, it could be really frustrating to do
> that quest 10 times to get that item (or more if unlikely).
>
>   So I'd rather there be static quest items, but more variety.

I think there is a misunderstanding, at least that's not what I meant
with "scripting".
I meant "you can adapt the quest reward based on the player's race / class /
stats / time of day through scripting". So a monk would get a good monk item,
a fireborn an item a fireborn can use, and so on.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref
de l'aléatoire !]