[crossfire] GTK2 Client (Metaserver Dialog RFC)

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 22 01:07:12 CDT 2007

> I dislike having to mouse to the quit button on the metaserver dialog.  I know that
> alt-f4 will kill the window and app, but that is awkward too.  Does anyone care if I add
> an Escape key as an accelerator for the Quit button on that dialog?  This works to
> close the dialog and application whether or not a server has been selected.
>
> To tell people about the feature, I added a tool tip to the Quit button that says:
>
>   Escape also quits.

FYI, the accelerator does not interfere with the Escape function that exits a search for
a server when typing in the characters that start the name of a server listed in the
dialog.  I had thought about using "q" as an accelerator... handy, except that it would
likely interfere with searching for a server that begins with a "q", so I nixed that idea.

Kevin R. Bulgrien