[crossfire] Documentation / handbook / playbook / spoilers

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Jun 11 22:14:14 CDT 2007

Juergen Kahnert wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 11:08:20PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:
>> Nicolas Weeger wrote:
>>> Here are different things that can be generated automatically:
>>> * standard item list (monsters, artifacts, alchemy formulae, ...)
>>> * basically, anything that can be extracted, from server or maps
>> Extracting from maps gets to be more a problem
>
> I'm working on a script walking through all maps. I also read out
> archetypes, formulae, ...
>
> I also like to automatically categorize the maps this way.
>
> I could combine it all together to create a big spoiler section.
>
> It's not finished yet, just working for me in my environment. Neither
> comfortable nor complete at the moment.
>
> I'll make it public as soon as it's usable in other environment than
> mine.

  Note that there are already perl scripts that walk the entire map tree,
looking for errors, noting how often different objects are used (and thus notes
unused archetypes), etc.  This is in the lib/scripts directory.

  May still not do what is needed, but I thought it worth mentioning that there
is already some scripts out there that do this.