[crossfire] New Quests

David Safir green_scene88 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:18:40 CDT 2007

Hi, I'm MoonWhisper, a fairly long time player of crossfire, slowly working
my way into the highscores I became concerned of something. The new maps. A
couple players who have only been around for a couple months worl their way
into the highscores easaly, it makes the game obsolete, it seems the newer
the map is the less the rest of the game matters. The new quests have
nothing to them, nothing to figure out, you just kill the big monster and
the treasure is yours. Not only that but the items have become out of wac,
this girdle of valriel a very new item, it out does the girdle of the
firegod an older quest, with it's stats alone, but the firegod one is harder
to get and takes some puzzle solving, it's not easy to access, nor is it in
scorn, the central city. Never the less the valriel girdle is much much
stronger. It's not just that, but the item power is a whopping only 1, thats
rediculous, how can you make an item with str +3, and con +2 and many
resistances and give it item power 1? the other girdle has 2 item power, and
it doesn't compare, bare in mind how easy it is to get the valriel girdle.

In addition to this there are other problems. Like dragon food. It took woo,
an old player, no longer on, a looong time to get his resistances past 90.
Now new dragons have it much easier to get resistances up. the result is 1/2
the people playing are dragons, because it's too easy now to get resistances
up. That has to slow down.

Lastly The monster experience. Take the zorn quest, a perfect place to level
up, because the monsters give away so many points after their killed, the
newbies level up in to 100 in weeks. weeks is a short time to level playing
at no more than two 1/2 hours a day -and even thats long time to play for
one day. The shopkeeper alon gives 2 mil. that guy takes about 3 seconds to
kill. That's not right. Between Hell, Heaven, and Zorn's quest. the only old
map people step into is Chaos lair and mage tower. Not right, making the old
game obsolete with the maps that are easy and have literally the best items
in it is dumb, and pointless, now it's easy for new players to take
highscores and destroy old player, come on we've been playing longer, we
deserve it.

If all this could change that would be great, i want heaven to be remodified
so it's fair, more itempower, more puzzles, more game. Thank You.