[crossfire] Code cleaning, part 2

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Jun 24 05:14:24 CDT 2007

Hello.

> Here are more things I'd like to remove from trunk:
>
> Obsolete/old protocol things:
> * item1 support, map0 / map1 / map1a, and related things map2 makes
> obsolete (map_scroll, mapredraw, i think). Map2 is over one year old on the
> client side, so no excuse no not support that

Actually, I merged (trivial one) the cleaning to branch too, thus removing
those obsolete things.

This means the next client release will render old servers incompatible with
client.

On the tracker there is a 1.5.0 server, I'm not sure whether it will be
compatible or not. The 1.9 (branch) and 2.0 (trunk) servers should be
compatible.

As for the trt fork, it uses the map1acmd for our client, thus it will be
incompatible. Unless someone write a patch to fix this issue, its servers
should in my opinion be unlisted from metaserver the next time we do a client
release.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref