[crossfire] Code cleaning, part 2

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Jun 9 02:27:19 CDT 2007

>   IMO, Old_Mode could go away.  It isn't used by clients - rather it dates
> back before we had clients, where the method of connecting was to connect
> to the crossfire server (on that port), and then do something like 'add
> myhost:0' - at which point the server would open an x-connection to your
> host.

That's part of stuff I'll clean, yes :)
Basically, unused functions.

>   Note that with the above changes, I think both the client and server
> should get a bump in protocol version numbers.

Probably. Hopefully, setup command would help, too - client says 'setup map1',
server replies 'sorry, you're too old to play here'.

>   I'm presuming you're just going to remove this stuff from the trunk, and
> not the stable release, correct?  In which case, to diffuse some issues,
> one could still run crossedit from the stable area so long as things don't
> change in incompatible ways (which I don't expect to happen anytime soon).

Trunk only, yes. I don't care much for branch cleaning :)

>   Fair enough - I'll try to remember that in the future.  However, you can
> probably do a svn info (or is it svn log) to see when commits where and
> what the messages are, so could perhaps back date some of this.

Or look in the Changelog. But then you have to look at multiple files
(protocol lists map, map1, map1a, map2, but when was map1a introduced? need
to check Changelog, also "map2" doesn't necessarily appear, it may be map v2"
or anything else)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref