[crossfire] "identification" skills patch

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:06:06 CDT 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007 21:20:34 -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:
> Alex Schultz wrote:
>   Hmm - should you be able to identify stuff you can see, but can't
>   reach?  An
> example being a treasure room behind a grate, but the grate is closed -
> you can see the treasure room, but are unable to actually get it.
>
>   But having ident related skills cover a larger area does make some
>   sense.

I'm not so sure.  Sometimes you have to touch, smell, or even taste
something to identify it.

Maybe make the range depend on level?  Something like lvl/20, so up to
level 20 you only identify what you can touch, smell and taste, and after
that you're experienced enough to be sure from a distance.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
personal:                    http://lalo.hystericalraisins.net/