[crossfire] Player creation

David Delbecq tchize at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 05:07:58 CST 2007

I hope am not raising back an already discussed subject. I came acrros
this wiki page:

http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev_todo:char_creation

and made some technical suggestion for whoever implement it. People are
free to update, errata or flame my suggestions. I think i pretty kept
things simple at protocol & client. I kept basic calculation to easier
the comprehension between server and client. As you can see, what client
send to server upon player creation is quite basic, it's, i think, even
more basic then now with the rollstats and so on :D

If i remember well, crossfire 2 protocol is not mandated to stay
compatible with old clients, for this i didn't take into consideration
backward compatibility with old "HallOfSelection". However, that should
not make old players unuseable, just differently created.

Regards,
David Delbecq