[crossfire] combat notes

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 30 06:38:27 CST 2007

>   Disabling generator would require a lot of map rework - after aborting on
> the dry well, I went to the drinking fountain.  With the generator popping
> out monsters, that map was largely empty. Also, because it does effectively
> reduce amount of killing on a map (with generators, I'd probably kill
> another 10-25% more monsters on newbie tower), which may mean more people
> have to hunt through other maps to find monsters to kill.
>
>   As a note, I'm not suggesting that all generators should be removed -
> certain maps rely on them (like training centers), but at some level, I
> think it may make the game more enjoyable without them - often before it
> would be a case of just a slug fest of whittling the monsters down to get
> to a reasonable number to then kill the generators - not particularly
> interesting in many cases.  I just disabled them as a quick way to see how
> it would change the game.

Don't know if you thought about it, but another option might be to limit how
many mobs a generator can produce, and keep the number quite low.  I have no
idea how difficult that would be... but the quantity might be set in the arch
and adjustable in the map.  That might reduce the impact to existing maps to
the point where rework becomes less of an issue.

Just a thought.

Kevin