[crossfire] Spell idea: Elemental skills

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 26 07:03:28 CDT 2007

>   That said, taking a quick look at the current spell list, and trying to
> categorize them:
>
> Level 1
> Armour - earth/air (creating force around to reduce damage)
> Burning Hands - fire
> Create Missile - earth (creating solid substance)
> Detect Magic - ???
> Icestorm - water
> Magic Bullet - earth
> Magic Missile - maybe air (electricity)
> Marking Rune - ??? (earth maybe - its on the ground?)
> Probe - ???
> Slow - air (presume it is a slow gas?)
       - air density/wind
> Small Fireball - fire
> Small Lightning - air
> Small Snowstorm - water
>
> Level 2
> Confusion - air (same basis as slow)
> Detect Monster - ???
> Earth to Dust - earth
> Firebolt - fire
> Paralyze - air (same basis as slow)
> Poison Cloud - air (same basis as slow)
               - fire as a result of volcanism.
> Strength - ??? (maybe try to associate stats with the elements?)
> Summon Fog - air or water
> Summon Golem - probably earth
> Summon Pet Monster - should be unique for each element

Hmm... I just remembered... a GameCube game "Quest 64" uses the elements
as basis for its magic  A list they used can be found on various
walkthru's.  One link is:

  http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/198386/3288

They also categorized the monsters into elemental groups.  Some "new"
spells based on elements...

Fire
  Lava Shower

Wind
  Silence

Water
  Hail Storm

Earth
  Gravity Decrease mobility?
  Landslide
  Rock Shower
  Earthquake
  Rolling rock / Rockslide (similar to "bolt" spells)

The "fifth element" ;-) classification as a non-elemental magic class
strikes me as a good idea as opposed to forcing everything into
elemental classes.

Kevin