[crossfire] Metaserver2 / schmorp

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Sep 11 12:06:00 CDT 2007

> Indeed. The problem is when the server itself is not "honest", and does not
> report accurate information.
>
> - Should I remind you that TRT is reporting "Standard" for the arch, map,
> and code base ?
>
> - Should I remind you that TRT is reporting "2.2" as its version string,
> increasing the confusion furthermore ?
>
> - Should I also underline that TRT reports "1026/1023" as the protocol
> version, despite the fact it uses elements that were never included in the
> original Crossfire 1026/1023 protocol ?
>
> I agree that the filtering is the solution to sort out between the various
> versions of servers reporting accurate information. But I do think it isn't
> an option for servers who don't "play nice" with the metaserver2, reporting
> false informations just to increase their visibility - for those,
> blacklisting (until the issues can be solved with the server administrator)
> seems to be the only option.

I support the blacklisting of this server from metaserver2, unless they make a
good faith effort to help solve the issues. Notice also that they were warned
(on IRC and through mail) of the removal of the map commands their server
used for our client, and didn't act on it.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de
l'aléatoire !]