[crossfire] Release of 1.11 in a week or two

Olivier Huet huet.o at free.fr
Tue Sep 18 15:32:21 CDT 2007

Hello,

Something like a month ago, I did try some minor modifications on the
windows gtk1 client :
- make it compile on vs2005 (because I didn't have vs 6 installed anymore on
my current pc)
- activate back the sdl support (like it is in on gtk2 client, it's only a
macro use to add)

But I finally did not post it here when I saw that pthread and curl are now
needed and mandatory : I couldn't make a patch without compiling it on the
last svn version.

(BTW I didn't tried thoses but pthread and curl do exists too on windows,
and pthread do probably works well because it is used in at least one good
software : the mpeg 4 (h264) decoder of PowerDVD).
--> I don't have a lot of time these days - not sure if I can find some to
test those libraries.

And still regarding pthread and curl, they looks mandatory now (not always
bracketed in #ifdef).
--> Is it normal ?

And I don't know if anyone else did test the gtk2 client on windows but
personally, the last I did try is something like the 6881 in svn's trunk :
just before the integration of glade lib. It was on a version I did compile
with the MinGW. It was working very well and fast with OpenGL.

In addition, I forgot to ask here or on bug reports, but on SDL client (both
gtk 1 and gtk 2 - windows versions), when you click somewhere on the ground,
SDL do probably catch the focus instead of gtk : after, you can't use any
key before you switch to another application and go back to the cf client.
--> is it only in SDL's version in windows, or is it the same on linux or
other OS ?

Olivier Huet
(findufin & findragon on metalforge)