[crossfire] Release of 1.11 in a week or two

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Sep 18 23:34:20 CDT 2007

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:
>>   I'll likely be packing up a release of 1.11 of server/client in a week or two.
>>   If you have fixes that you haven't committed yet, please do so.
>>
>>   Also, if there are any bugs that you see as critical that need to be fixed
>> before the release, please let me know.  There's a fair number of bugs on the
>> tracker, but not clear which are critical and which are not.
>
> On that note, the libglade client is debugged so far as I know...  It would be
> nice to consider releasing it as an indication of its stability and to get it
> in general use.  So far there are a variety of things not backported to 1.x
> in addition to the libglade conversion.  Does anyone know of anything in
> the trunk client that is unsuitable for a general release as a branch
> client?

  IMO, and others may vary, the 1.x branches should really be for bug fixes, and
not new features.

  Also, just recently playing with the glade client, a few issues:

1) Run using opengl mode, get lots of these messages:
(crossfire-client-gtk2:25842): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_drawable: assertion
`src != NULL' failed

(crossfire-client-gtk2:25842): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_drawable: assertion
`src != NULL' failed

  I haven't looked into them yet.  I suspect it is something to do with
mapscroll, as I get them, and only get them, when I move about on the map.  I
don't see those in pixmap mode.  As a very quick guess, I'm thinking that when
the client is getting a mapscroll request, it is always trying to scroll as if
pixmap mode was used.

2) Haven't looked at this either, but just tried with -sdl, and client died even
before getting a log in screen.  But my personal thought is SDL code should
perhaps be removed.

3) The menubar stuff seems to stop working at times - its not 100% consistent,
as sometimes I can select the disconnect or quit client and it works, and other
times, I select those, and nothing happens.

  These are all probably minor issues, but may be things that probably should
get fixed before making a release of it.