[crossfire] Release of 1.11 in a week or two

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Sep 26 12:11:39 CDT 2007

>   There is a difference of something being highly desirable and something
> being strictly required.
>
>   I can think of some number of cases where people may not use the
> metaserver2 for various reasons, and thus don't really want to bother
> downloading what may be extra libraries.

*shrug*
We're talking about Windows version, at least that's the start of the thread,
and I must say I don't see many people building the client from SVN :)

>   There are like 20 different sound mechanisms for linux it seems.  I do
> think openal would be a better long term solution, as it supports more
> advanced sound handling, so instead of the client having to deal with
> mixing, etc, openal would take care of it.

There are maybe many, but we should at least ensure they work under Windows
and Mac too :)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de