[crossfire] Release 1.12

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:57:18 CST 2008

I'd like to propose that, before we set off on major rewrites, we
officially give up on the previous 2.0 effort, and release what's
currently on trunk as 1.12.  (Which probably means either merge the
branch, or abandon it and just use trunk...)

There are major improvements on trunk, notably an actually usable gtk
client; since trunk is no longer going to be the basis for 2.0, there's
no point sticking to the 1.x branch any longer.

(Maybe there should be a vote on rolling back / not merging the rebalance
changes.  Personally I love them.  But I've seen some people claim
they're not finished enough for release.)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/