[crossfire] Release 1.12

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Dec 22 01:39:42 CST 2008

> > Given that we don't have anyone wishing to coordinate content and maps
> > and make them coherent and fun, I have no intention to do massive
> > changes to the code, so that question is probably rhetoric :) (unless
> > someone else feels like doing such work, obviously)
>
> That's not true... I thought gros was going to do that... if he won't for
> some reason I already said I'll volunteer too.

Yann dropped the project. And I didn't know you volunteered :)

To be clear, let me yet again say what I mean by "content leader": someone who
gives the overall gameplay style (fast combat? strategy? much loot?), the
overall content (medieval fantastic? futuristic?), is willing to decide
(arbitrarily if needed - and assume this decision against flames sure to come
by) whether maps fit or not in the game, ensures background stories
are "correct" globally, probably sort out gameplay-related feature requests
and things like that.
To be honest, not some fun part, I'm afraid, but something requires IMO to
ensure a correct game experience.
(and not saying the content leader must do everything alone - of course other
people can help, but the content leader is ultimately responsible for the
global vision of the game)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de