[crossfire] New plugin: citylife - help needed

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Feb 2 15:11:08 CST 2008

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

> It could be used to control the general town development, though. But I'd
> rather see something based in part on player activity (players don't use at
> all a shop => it disappears)
>
> Of course, we could use some algorithms and ideas from that!

  Have to be careful on that one.

  If I'm running a private server and don't log in for a few days, it would be
annoying for all the shops to be closed.

  Related to that you are likely to get some towns that may not be used much
even on active servers - if I have a private server, I'm likely only working in
one town at a time.

  I'd be more inclined to have towns be a bit more dynamic, but also have that
driven more my player actions - eg, folks can by plots of lands outside of
cities, etc or what not.

  At some level, if we let a player do it, then we could also let NPC's do it
(some number of NPC's buy farms or whatever)