[crossfire] New plugin: citylife - help needed

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 08:32:56 CST 2008

Also spracht Nicolas Weeger (Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:26:17 +0100):
>> Sim City (classic) has been just GPLed under the name "Micropolis", and
>> the automata that runs the "sims" in the game is available as a library
>> within the source tree.
>
> Well, I'm not totally sure it's nice to control NPCs, because as far as
> I know it manages more shops/buildings than individual characters :)

Really?  From the description, I thought it did control the sims too --
be born, grow up, go from home to work and back, and so on, I love
watching them on SC (although it's much more interesting in the later
games of the series).

> It could be used to control the general town development, though. But
> I'd rather see something based in part on player activity (players don't
> use at all a shop => it disappears)
>
> Of course, we could use some algorithms and ideas from that!

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/