[crossfire] Map logical linking

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Feb 3 04:07:22 CST 2008

Hello.

One issue I have with maps is that sometimes you have no clue what quest or
thing they are linked to.

Example: I was browsing (in the editor) maps in Navar, and discovered some
quest spawning various maps, with keys in one or the other, but no idea where
to find other maps.

So I'd like to be able to easily find what maps are linked together for a
quest.

For this, I suggest to use the "lore" field in the maps, which is totally
unused (it's loaded with other headers, but never displayed).

Proposal for logically linking maps:
* in one of the maps, probably the one with quest starting point or quest end,
describe the quest in the lore field, and include what maps are linked to the
quest, maybe more information like player level or reward? Minimum is the
linked maps
* in each quest map, add in the lore a reference to the quest and the map with
all the information

Since I'm (after all!) a developer, I could suggest to create an easy format
for this lore field to be able to automatically extract information and make
nice spoiler pages. But well, maybe not that necessarily to go that far :)

Opinions? Suggestions?

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de