[crossfire] Map logical linking

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Feb 9 23:36:51 CST 2008

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

  <much snipped>

> If needed we'll extend that further on (thinking about linking to other
> quests, or maps, or whatever)
>

> Opinions?

  Looks good to me.  It may be worthwhile to define how that information is
used, and thus perhaps other fields.

  If it is just for mapmakers, then no big deal.

  OTOH, it could be nice to tie it into the region, so that folks in scorn may
talk about some aspects (The king of scorn is looking for heroes to solve some
problems - go to the scorn castle) type of thing.

  Or maybe other snippets appear randomly in scrolls or books - that makes a lot
of sense for things like forgotten ruins - a scrap referencing a ruined castle
in a book found in a dungeon makes some sense.

  Or maybe all of this is driven by files in the map directory that cover these
broader aspects of quests (like a scorn_royalty.qi file that determines what
info shows up in books, shows up in NPC conversations, etc)