[crossfire] Map logical linking

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Feb 8 11:34:50 CST 2008

Hello.

Here is the (simple I hope!) format I propose for the 'lore' field of maps:
- free form, put whatever you want
- tag '@def whatever' defines a quest named 'whatever'. 'whatever' is free
form, spaces or whatever authorized. All text from this tag to tag '@end' or
end of lore is the quest description, HTML format.
- tag '@quest whatever' means the map is part of the specified quest. Text
following until end of lore or '@end' is added to the map's description in
the quest page.

I will modify mapper to extract this information and make a quest list, things
like that.

Example for lore field (--- to delimite things for clarity's sake), for the
Scorn castle map:
(text taken from the CF's website)

-----
@def Royalty quest
This map is also known as Scorn Castle. Once inside you will find serveral
Royal Guards and other members of Royalty (Magistrates, et al) On the second
level of the Castle - you'll find 4 sets of stairs, only 2 work. One takes
you to the dining hall, where you can only enter certain rooms according to
your rank. The other stairs takes you to the quest area. Enter the first room
to the north to begin the quest for Knighthood and further instructions. Each
of the adjacent rooms have additional quests, titles and rewards. Note: You
are given general instructions on the quest map locations - you will have to
do some exploring to solve these maps, which are are all randomly generated.
For the most part, you are required to return to the Castle with a specific
item in order to solve the quest.
----

Then in the Undead church in Scorn:

----
@quest Royalty quest
This is the third quest in the Royalty quest.

Location: The white church in south central part of Scorn.

courtyard.

Suggested Levels: Level 3 or 4 for a "fighter" and level 5 or 6 for a
spellcaster.

Monsters Encountered: Zombies, Skeletons.
----

If needed we'll extend that further on (thinking about linking to other
quests, or maps, or whatever)

Opinions?

Nicolas
--