[crossfire] Client and Editor packages

Lauwenmark Akkendrittae crossfire at ailesse.com
Sat Jan 12 11:18:40 CST 2008

Hi,

Just a short note to tell you that Debian and Yum packages for daily builds of
the Gridarta Editor (Crossfire version) and JXClient are now available. The
version number used is "1.0-", followed by a revision number equal to the SVN
commit the packages were made from.

For Apt users, add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://crossfire.ailesse.com/debian binary/

For Yum users, a repo file is available at:

http://crossfire.ailesse.com/yum_crossfire.repo

The package names are crossfire-editor-java and crossfire-client-java. The
Debian packages depend on sun-java6-jre.

Don't forget - those are quite experimental packages !

****

X.org 1.4 users may get difficulties running the Java client in fullscreen
mode, due to changes in X.org that are not compatible with Java6. Patching
the libmawt.so file shipped with your java *may* solve the problem for you
(it does for me, but of course I offer no guarantee). Patch it using:

sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' libmawt.so

That's all folks !
--

Lauwenmark.