[crossfire] New manhole archetype WIP (accepting help)

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Jan 6 03:14:27 CST 2008

> Thanks... the animation was already "working" with the arch
> "tweaked" so the faces of the non-head parts were blank as
> noted in the README, but the hole didn't line up with the
> arch "head".  I do not see a change in behavior.  Yes, I did
> update.  Maybe I should set up the test to show the various
> test cases I've tried and more explicitly note in the map
> what is wrong with each.

Err, unless I'm totally mistaken, with my changes to server and arch, the
behaviour is/was exactly as I'd expect it for the "opened" arch O.o

(the "closed" arch had a superfluous "is_animated 1", but removing it fixes
the issue).

Opening/closing animation happens correctly when applying the lever. Only
the "head" spot is a hole and will teleport the player, though, which seems
coherent with the graphics. No issue when player steps on trap, even while
opening or closing.
No error in SVN as far as I can see.

The "More" parts must have the same pic, else the animation code doesn't work
as expected. But it doesn't matter, at least on my setup, the pics are all
correct.

So what didn't work to make you want to change the arch again??

:)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de