[crossfire] Potions of Life

Alex Schultz agschult at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jan 18 14:31:50 CST 2008

Hi,

Recently after some discussion in IRC with both players and other
developers, it was pointed out while it's kind of good that there are
multiple levels of potions of life, they don't solve the issue of
depletion being quite harsh and difficult to recover from for newbies.

In order to deal with this, I'm planning to soon re-balance potions of
life by adjusting their costs, level limits, and how often different
ones appear in treasure lists. I'm thinking of making the level limits
as follows:
up to 20, up to 40, up to 105, and then unlimited
With pricing in shops along the following lines:
5pp, 40pp, 300pp, and then the last only being obtainable from alchemy
and treasure.

In addition, I'm thinking of making either:
1) Up to level 5 or 10 unaffected by stat depletion at death
or 2) A NPC in the house of healing which can give free healing of stat
depletion to characters up to about level 5 or 10.

Any comments/objections/suggestions on this plan?

Alex Schultz