[crossfire] volunteer to build 32 bit RPMS

Wed Jan 30 10:16:14 CST 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008
Mark Wedel wrote:

>   anyone out there want to build 32 bit RPMs of the client?
>
>   It is really easy to do, but I don't have a 32 bit linux system anymore.
> I originally started building the RPM's because it was really easy and I
> already had the resources to do so.
>
>   While I could set up the necessary environment to build the 32 bit
> binaries, that goes beyond the 'it is really easy'.  If someone out there
> already has a 32 bit system that uses rpms, makes life easy.
>
>   Or if you have such a system, don't want to build the binaries yourself,
> but want to give me access to build them, that is doable.  But would be
> easier just for someone else to build them.
>
>   Flip side is there isn't a huge number of folks downloading the rpm's (I
> see 975 downloads of crossfire-client-1.10.0-1.i386.rpm, but only 300 of
> the common package, of which that package depends on, so not sure how real
> that 975 number is.  7700 folks downloaded the source (tar.gz) package off
> sourcforge, so number of folks downloading rpm is a fairly small number.

Hi Mark,

I could do this if you assist me with it. Or I can give you a shell on my
32-bit box. Whichever you prefer is fine with me. Send me a private e-mail
about it (gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com) or ping me on IRC.

Gene Alexander
--
ERA Computers & Consulting <http://www.eracc.com>
Preloaded computers - eComStation, Linux and Unix