[crossfire] volunteer to build 32 bit RPMS

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Jan 30 01:59:49 CST 2008

  anyone out there want to build 32 bit RPMs of the client?

  It is really easy to do, but I don't have a 32 bit linux system anymore.  I
originally started building the RPM's because it was really easy and I already
had the resources to do so.

  While I could set up the necessary environment to build the 32 bit binaries,
that goes beyond the 'it is really easy'.  If someone out there already has a 32
bit system that uses rpms, makes life easy.

  Or if you have such a system, don't want to build the binaries yourself, but
want to give me access to build them, that is doable.  But would be easier just
for someone else to build them.

  Flip side is there isn't a huge number of folks downloading the rpm's (I see
975 downloads of crossfire-client-1.10.0-1.i386.rpm, but only 300 of the common
package, of which that package depends on, so not sure how real that 975 number
is.  7700 folks downloaded the source (tar.gz) package off sourcforge, so number
of folks downloading rpm is a fairly small number.