[crossfire] Weather code

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 30 18:17:38 CST 2008

> Is anyone actually using the weather system? Or does anyone actually
> understand the aim it has? Or has any plan to improve it?
>
> I was pondering making that a plugin, or simply trashing it...
>
> Opinions? Thoughts?

I do not care about the weather code.  IMO, there are more valuable
things to work on that would more dramatically improve game play. I am
not even sure I have ever seen it in use, and presently do not see it
as something worth fixing when compared with some of the more reasonable
feature requests.  I have a hard time thinking weather would significantly
improve a Crossfire gaming experience.  This is not to say that I can't
think of things weather could conceptually do - I just don't think they
have enough bang-for-the-buck, so to speak.

Kevin