[crossfire] Importing the GTK+ editor in SVN

Raphaël Quinet raphael at gimp.org
Thu Jul 17 04:34:13 CDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:01:07 -0700, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>   I have no issues with it being added to part of SVN.

Thanks!

[...]
> - With that above note, it means that all that crossfire can really limit is if
> it is in SVN or not.  Raphael can continue to work on it in either case.  And
> for that matter, could create another project on sourceforge to hold the editor.

Exactly.  I was surprised by some of the previous comments questioning
if we need a new editor.  But this is not a new editor: it has existed
since several years (although not very visible due to the tension
caused by the CFplus project).  The code is only looking for a new home
after its current maintainers have confirmed that the only option for
restoring the support for the original crossfire (broken a few months
ago) is to fork the libraries used by the editor.

So question is not about whether it should exist or not, but whether
it should be imported in the crossfire SVN tree or if a new project
should be started in sourceforge or elsewhere.  I think that the first
option is much better, that's why I asked.

-Raphaël