[crossfire] Spell rebalancing notes/thoughts

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Mar 2 13:31:34 CST 2008

> I'd probably add that some kind of movement blocking spell in each magic
> class seems like something to consider.  I often am annoyed that I can't
> get something like earth wall if I'm the wrong kind of caster.  That sort
> of difference is part of what makes it seem wrong to start talking about
> blocking the ability to learn new types of magic from what you start with.

But then you start losing the class difference.

I'd rather see things like closing doors (so you can rest some if monsters are
too dumb to open them), or darkness (so they can't see you), or other things.
Or something like Gaea's thorn wall (trees that hit opponents trying to
cross).

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de