[crossfire] Resistance calculation

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon May 19 15:40:54 CDT 2008

Hello.

> I would like to suggest a change to the resistance calculation to treat
> every additional protection and vulnerability relative to the current
> resistance.
>
> Currently, all positive resistances ("protection") are accumulated, and
> the negative resistances ("vulnerability") separately.

(split much)

IMO, the negative bonus that you can't overcome is part of the penalty for
choosing a race/god.
If you could, from -30, reach 100, there would be really no point for the -30
in the first place... There are, I think, enough items to have high
resistances everywhere, so that -30 wouldn't matter much.

> I suggest to simplify the code and treat every protection or
> vulnerability the same by applying the accumulation formula above to
> both positive and negative resistance items.

Code complexity has nothing to do here :)
Code is at the service of features we want, not the other way around unless
there is a really good reason - in this case none of those.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de
l'aléatoire !]