[crossfire] Seeking life...

Lauwenmark Akkendrittae crossfire at ailesse.com
Mon Nov 10 07:46:24 CST 2008

Le lundi 10 novembre 2008, Mark Wedel a écrit :
>   I think that is really the crux of the problem - it seems to me that most
> of the developers are code developers, not content developers.  I certainly
> include myself in that category.
>
>   There are certainly some folks out there that do work on content - I
> don't mean to say that there aren't.

Frankly, it is hard to keep working on content if nobody follows. Or, for what
matters, if everybody keeps ignoring what the others are doing. It makes the
writing of consistent material impossible, plain and simple.

>   Having a leader of content doesn't do a lot if there are not many folks
> willing to write that content.  So the question may be how many folks would
> move from doing code to content if that was the drive, and how many really
> just want to do code.

I doubt counting the devs and the map designers would solve the issue at hand.
We need somebody that establishes coordination and allocate the limited
content development resources we have in the best way. Somebody that can also
organize advertisement to gather more content makers.

Besides that, resuming the issue as a lack of content-makers is somewhat
dodging the central point of coordination and cooperation. We obviously have
more than enough coders available, yet how many major changes happened
recently in the source ?

>   IMO, this sort of falls back to the past problems - from discussions, it
> seems that the most pressing need/desire in crossfire is new/better
> content, but that list above doesn't really address that at all.

Again, the problem is not what kind of features are needed, but how we can
organize the development resources so those features can be implemented
(being scenarios, maps, graphisms or code parts).

Lauwenmark.
"Drive defensively: buy a tank."