[crossfire] C++/Qt server version

Lauwenmark Akkendrittae crossfire at ailesse.com
Mon Nov 24 13:02:49 CST 2008

Le lundi 24 novembre 2008, Lalo Martins a écrit :
> Before anyone gets the impression I'm turning this into a Boost holy
> war... let me reiterate I don't feel that strongly about it, just
> answering Nicolas' questions here.

<snip>
I see two good reasons for Nicolas favouring Qt over Boost:

- He's more familiar with Qt, and having to learn another toolkit, especially
something as complex as Boost, would be somewhat of a waste of time;

- Although you mentioned several things that integrate nicely with Boost,
providing Internationalization or a crossplatform building system, the whole
point is that all of this is provided inside the Qt tool suite, and requires
no external/3rd party dependency. This is a significant advantage to me.

My own, personal tastes lean towards Qt more than Boost, mostly for the way Qt
extended the C++ language to make some fundamental mechanisms more
accessible. It provides a level of simplicity more in touch with the
capabilities of my old braincells :).

Just my 0.02€ :)
--

Lauwenmark.