[crossfire] C++/Qt server version

Alex Schultz agschult at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 24 13:09:30 CST 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:49:15 +0100
Lauwenmark Akkendrittae <crossfire at ailesse.com> wrote:

> Le lundi 24 novembre 2008, Alex Schultz a écrit :
> > That said, a little searching shows that if we want similar
> > automagical wrapping and go with Qt-core, apparently "QtScript" (an
> > ECMAScript based scripting language which has been included in the
> > Qt toolkit since 4.3.0), appears to be able to provide some kinds
> > of similar things. Of course, it would also be plausible to use
> > Qt-core for the bulk of the rewrite and Boost::Python for cfpython,
> > but that could cause difficulties with differing string types and
> > plain add redundant bloat to the dependencies.
> >
> See http://pythonqt.sourceforge.net/ , which is a Python binding for
> QtScript.

Aha, that does look like suitable fit for doing cfpython in a Qt
framework. I'm a little wary of that particular option though, due to
how it appears to have been unmaintained since May 2007. Unless it's
particularly bug-free, or we wish to take up maintenance of it, I'm not
sure if I'd consider it a good option or not.