[crossfire] C++/Qt server version

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Nov 26 15:54:00 CST 2008

> I see two good reasons for Nicolas favouring Qt over Boost:
>
> - He's more familiar with Qt, and having to learn another toolkit,
> especially something as complex as Boost, would be somewhat of a waste of
> time;

This is true, but I'm hopefully not the only one writing the server code :)
Therefore others' point of view should be taken into account.
Of course, if people choose for instance COBOL for the server, I still reserve
the right to work on a version that suits be better ^_-

> - Although you mentioned several things that integrate nicely with Boost,
> providing Internationalization or a crossplatform building system, the
> whole point is that all of this is provided inside the Qt tool suite, and
> requires no external/3rd party dependency. This is a significant advantage
> to me.

Yes, that's a point I like too, and this is also why I mentioned Qt in the
first mail, because you can avoid some evil dependency-related issues
(Windows is bad for that, for instance :))

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de
l'aléatoire !]