[crossfire] Maps for spellcasters (and melee vs. ranged attacks)

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Mon Sep 22 11:24:33 CDT 2008

I'm a bit late replying due, but...

1) Instead of no_spells, use player-moving floor tiles (I don't remember the
name of the archetype): no way of getting close to monster, but spells and
missiles still can. This needs a monster which will not close in itself,
though. And is less than elegant since it means there is absolutely no way of
using melee, *at* *all*.

2) I find it frustrating to have maps impossible or almost impossible to
finish with a certain type of character - party-maps aside, the rest of the
maps should be doable with any kind of character, given a proper level etc.
If a melee-fighter needs son über-weapon to finish the map, then it's ok for
the spellcaster to need a comparably hard-to-come-by spell, but I think
that's it. And most maps should need neither.

Which brings me to another point: I'm still keen on being able to devise new
equipment and spells on the fly, something like enchanting weapons on the
fly...

But since I'm in a hurry... later!

-Juha

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|