[crossfire] Release 1.12

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:54:31 CST 2009

quoth Lalo Martins as of Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:22:52 +0000:
> Can you make a list, either here or the wiki, of known points where 1.12
> would break backwards compatibility?  I don't mind required that content
> is updated in step, but breaking character compatibility I'd prefer not
> to (last time that happened people were pretty mad, and with 2.0 in the
> horizon... no need to aggravate people too much.)

Actually, let me rephrase that :-)

Under the premise that current trunk arches and maps will be a 1.12
content release, I already expressed that I'd like those tested.

I'm now saying that any changes in trunk maps or arches that make 1.11
characters unusable, with the exception of Mark's rebalance (which we
don't know yet if we'll include in 1.12), are to be considered bugs and
reported accordingly.  (Of course, the "fix" will be simply to not merge
those changes.)  Anyone who knows about them can report them here, or on
the tracker, or the wiki.

Content changes that require trunk code are another matter.  I'd like to
have a list of those if someone who knows about it has the time to
compile it; but it's unclear whether these are bugs, until the code
leader decides about a 1.12 code release.

I'll be putting a few hours this week into getting acquainted with all
differences between trunk and branch content, and I'll do the work above
alone if necessary, but it will be faster if people already in the know
can contribute :-)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----